May 11, 2010

Infrequent updates

Much as I would like to blog, keeping a record of special moments so that we can all reminisce about them, but it's so much harder to find time to do so with 2 kids around now, especially if I want to upload photos! I have to download them from the camera/phone into the computer, then upload them into picasa before I can insert them in a post??? Thought it used to be easier inserting photos in a post by just browsing the computer folders??... hmmm... wondering how I can work around this.... 

6 comments:

soo yen said...

Hello Jan! I'm Emma & Corrine's friend in HCM (if you haven't already known), I came here from Emma's blog :)

Actually, you don't have to manually upload the photos into picasa web because whatever images that you upload (from your computer's folder) to the blogger's "New Post" page will be automatically inserted in your picasa web album. In addition, if you resize your photos smaller, uploading dozens of pics for one blog post will be a breeze. For batch resizing (i.e resizing hundreds of photos at one click), I use the free software from http://www.fotosizer.com/

Hope it helps, cheers! :)

Carl and Jan said...

Thanks Soo Yen! :) Thanks to your comment, I looked more carefully and found the 'upload' option so i can just upload from the computer's folder! thought they had removed it cos there were just 'from this blog', 'from picasa web albums' and 'from url'.

soo yen said...

LOL, i'm glad you solved your problem. I guess Blogger caused some confusion when it changed its appearance some time back. Happy blogging~!

Carl and Jan said...

only problem now is that there's something wrong with our card reader so we can't download new photos in our computer! :( will have to wait till my husband is more free from work to help me with it cos i have no idea how to fix it! haha...

Jaime, Jonathan and family said...

Hey nice new look :) I just found out about Carlsen's side of the blog...plus the letters to sammie and annette..sweet!

Take care peeps!

Ivan and Renata said...

Easiest I found to post is via email which is how I do a lot of mine now. Set up email posting at dashboard on blogger.com and you can choose a "random" email like 12983.carlsenjanice@blogspot.com then send an email with a picture attached to this address. The subject, body and picture become a post immediately! I use this to blog directly from my smartphone - super with camera, smartphone and either WiFi or data plan. Works best with 1 picture though more than one can too...