October 28, 2009

Annette's 2nd month

As Annette grows heavier and babbles more each day, I'm missing the stage that just so quickly passed by. Perhaps it's because I don't cradle Annette that often in my arms because she's fine with lying down on her own most of the time. Or perhaps time just flies by even more quickly now with 2 kids.

When she wakes up (most times with quite a quiet whimper unless the wind in her tummy makes her real uncomfortable), she has her diaper changed (keeping quiet on the changing mat despite it being time for her feed) and I try to give her a tummy massage. Because she started vomitting rather forcefully for some feeds around 5 weeks old, (PD said she has colic and reflux) we have to try to get rid of the wind in her tummy as best as possible.

Then I nurse her. This is when she starts crying very loudly either because of the fast let-down (when the milk is spirting out) or because of the wind. So I try to burp her (then she stops crying) and then try to nurse her again though she doesn't cry for milk. This goes on for a few times within 15 minutes then I think she's had enough especially when she gives me that 'I'm going to vomit soon!' look.
Then I hold her up again for a short while before I put her on her inclined Fisher-Price rocking chair which is where she sleeps as well to avoid the milk from being regurgitated. Those times that she vomits/regurgitates, then does she sleep in her cot.

She goes to sleep quite easily. This is the other time that she cries a lot - when she wants to sleep. Which is usually within 1 hour of her waking up and nursing. She'll cry for 'mama' (yes she actually does at this age!) if someone else is carrying her. Then I'll cradle her in my left arm and pat her, then she'll be asleep in about 2 minutes or so. Then I'll put her in her chair and swaddle her. Sometimes she still cries and wants me to carry her but other times she'll just open her eyes and close them back when I stroke between her eyes. Still other times she'll just stay awake and I'll go out of the room, and she'll fall asleep on her own in a few minutes.

1 comment:

Hsiao Wei said...

Annette is such a good girl! How i wish Stacia sleeps so easily too!! :)