After we had eaten dinner at my in-laws', I told Carl of the possibility of the water bag leaking. We decided to wait and see if there would be further leaking. It didn't seem so but we were still wondering at midnight whether to just go to the hospital to check. In the end, we decided to visit Dr Chan the next day since the next visit was scheduled the day after anyway.
Early the next morning, I drove to the hospital with the maternity bag (precautionary measures) and upon seeing Dr Chan at 9 am, it was confirmed that the water bag had leaked! She said I should have been admitted the day before! I was immediately sent to the labour ward and I quickly called Carl (who was having school experience).
As there were no contractions, a drip was given to induce them. I didn't feel much pain till the contractions started quickening. I persisted with the gas but Dr Chan advised me to take the epidural to relax the pelvic muscles since Sam wasn't engaged yet.
After quite a long time of waiting, Carl decided to get the carpark coupon and grab a bite first. While he was away, Dr Chan checked on me and I was fully dilated! So they started preparing the things for labour! Fortunately Carl had left the phone next to me before he left so I quickly SMSed him!
By 3.40 pm, against all odds of a probable caesarian (environment had leaked, head not in pelvis, cervix not dilated at the start), thanks be to God that Sammie was delivered by using the vacuum! Weight: 2.665 kg, length: 48 cm. She opened her big eyes very soon, in anticipation to admire the wonders of God's creation in the world!
Sam's expected date of delivery was either 18 Sep 06 (by date) or 20 Sep 06 (by ultrasound). However, she was delivered exactly 8 months from the time we received the news!We really appreciate the love and prayers by our church members. Join us to pray that we can be godly parents and bring up her in the way of the Lord, so that she may have eternal life in Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment